Rules of Play
Calgary Flames Foundation - 50/50 Official Rules
Calgary Flames Foundation - 50/50 Official Rules
- Online raffle sales run 9:00am-11:00pm MST during all Calgary Flames home and away games and all Calgary Roughnecks home games. On-site sales will run at all Calgary Flames home games and all Calgary Roughnecks home games at the time the Scotiabank Saddledome opens, until the 3rd period of the game. The Raffle is operated through an electronic system that uses sophisticated software for the purchase of tickets and for generating, tracking, storing and reporting on numbers associated with purchased tickets (the “System”). By participating in the Raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Raffle Rules and by the decisions of Calgary Flames Foundation ("CFF"), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
- Jackpot. The "Jackpot" shall be the total proceeds from Raffle tickets sold for that event ("Raffle Tickets"). The amount of the Jackpot will be tracked by the System, and the continuously updated amount will be publicly posted on the website and, if applicable, announced periodically during television and radio broadcasts of events during the Raffle.
- Allocation of Proceeds. Each Raffle winner will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot for the particular event. The other fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot will benefit the Calgary Flames Foundation (CFF), which supports various charitable groups throughout southern Alberta, including but not limited to Rotary Flames House, Flames YMCA Grade 6 Program and grassroots sports organizations. CFF shall allocate its share of the Jackpot to the above or other charities which it selects in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Eligibility. The Raffle is open only to all persons who are located in the Province of Alberta at the time of entry and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and otherwise meet the conditions specified in these Official Raffle Rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following individuals shall be ineligible to win: employees of Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation who are on the Executive Management Team and members of the Calgary Flames Foundation board of directors including their; brother, sister, mother, father, husband, wife, partner, common-law, daughter, son.
- Purchasing Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets may be purchased as follows: ONE (1) Raffle Tickets for $5.00; TWELVE (12) Raffle Tickets for $12.00; ONE HUNRED (100) Raffle Tickets for $24.00; THREE HUNDRED (300) Raffle Tickets for $50.00 AND SEVEN HUNDRED(700) for $100. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an individual may purchase. Raffle Tickets are available for purchase from 9:00am-11:00pm MST for the date of the particular event. 85,500,000 raffle tickets are available under the CFF AGLC license.
ALL METHODS OF PURCHASE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. If the System experiences any technical difficulties during an event or in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof), CFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to (i) cancel the Raffle; (ii) suspend the Raffle until the problem can be remedied, whereupon it will resume. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a cancellation or suspension, CFF reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation or suspension.
- 50/50 sales over multiple days. The 50/50 sales over multiple days will only be available for online ticket purchases over a specific number of days (up to 14). Ticket prices will remain the same. A person will be able to purchase 50/50 tickets online at calgaryflames.com/5050 over the allotted amount of days to be entered into the jackpot. Ticket sales will open at 9AM and will be closed at 11PM each day. There is no limit as to how many tickets can be purchased. The draw will take place at 11PM on the last day of ticket sales at the Scotiabank Saddledome (555 Saddledome Rise SE, Calgary AB). Printed tickets will not be eligible to participate in the 50/50 jackpots over multiple days and therefore 50/50 sales over multiple days jackpots will only run during Calgary Flames away games. Printed tickets will not be available for purchase during these jackpot dates. The winner will take home 50% of the winnings and the other 50% will go to the Calgary Flames Foundation.
50/50 Tickets Available Over the Course of Multiple Days:
For select draws the Calgary Flames Foundation will sell 50/50 tickets over the course of multiple days (as opposed to daily sales) and complete one draw at the end of the specified selling period and awarding 50% of ticket sales for that period.
Multiple day draw dates and details are TBD and will be requested to be added to the license at a later date.
- Selection of Winner. Upon the conclusion of the Purchase Period, CFF will use the System to randomly generate one winning ticket number from among the numbers associated with purchased tickets. The draw will be conducted by a senior CFF raffle staff member. Two (2) Calgary Flames Foundation executive members (or their delegates) will be present to supervise the draw at the Scotiabank Saddledome at 555 Saddledome Rise SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 1W1. The draw(s) is open to the public. The number of the winning Raffle Ticket will be posted online within one hour after the sales close and the draw is done on CalgaryFlames.com/5050 and on Calgary Flames Foundation social channels. Online raffle ticket sales run 9:00am to 11:00pm MST on the game days of the NHL Regular season and home game days for the NLL Calgary Roughnecks. The draw takes place immediately after sales close and to ensure that all tickets have been delivered to participants, the ticket will be announced on www.5050flames.com by 11:59pm on the date of the draw.
In the case of a complaint or for further information on the Calgary Flames Foundation 50/50 program, please contact our team at email@example.com
- Prize Claim. The prize may be claimed within thirty (30) days of the applicable draw. The winner will claim their prize by notify via e-mail or phone and send a photo of the winning ticket, first and last name, phone number, email, and picture of government issued ID to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process of claiming the prize. Claim form will be completed by member of the Flames Foundation and sent back for confirmation and signature before winnings are awarded.
A Raffle Ticket may be shared by multiple prize claimants; provided, however, that in the event of a dispute, the direct purchaser of the Raffle Ticket will be presumed to be the sole winner. The Calgary Flames Foundation and the AGLC shall have no responsibility to any other person who claims any interest or right to receive all or any part of the prize associated with a winning ticket. Each prize claimant must provide CFF with all information required by provincial gaming regulations to claim a prize. The prize claimant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release ("Release") which must be executed and returned to CFF via email during COVID-19 pandemic. In the event a claimant: (a) does not notify CFF within thirty (30) days of the drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the prize; or (d) does not return an executed Release, the prize will be forfeited and will be retained by CFF for future draw decided upon with AGLC approval. All prizes will be mailed to the winners via cheque within sixty (60) days of the winner delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, Executed Release, and all other required documents to CFF. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the winners. For Flames home games 50/50 tickets are sold online and in-person. If the ticket is purchased online, CFF receives the participant’s name and e-mail address. If the winner purchases his/her ticket online, CFF will contact the winner. If the winner purchases the ticket in-person, this information is not collected; it is the sole responsibility of the winner to contact CFF. If after exhaustive efforts are made to contact the winner from a ticket purchased online or if the winner purchases his/her ticket in-person and does not claim their prize within 30 days, unclaimed prizes will be added to a 50/50 jackpot to be awarded at future home game the following season with AGLC approval.
- Odds. The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle Tickets purchased for the drawing.
- Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize. Persons who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other eligible persons, but in doing so the purchaser waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Tickets to other parties, and may not knowingly give Raffle Tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other parties to re-sell such Raffle Tickets. Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a prize. A winner may transfer his/her prize to a third party provided that the following conditions are met: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been eligible to enter the Raffle (age eighteen (18 or older); and (b) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the winner. There are no cash in lieu options for prizes won.
- Release of Liability. By entering into the Raffle, all entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) release CFF, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation, Scotiabank Saddledome, the National Hockey League, the National Lacrosse League, Western Hockey League, BUMP5050, Sportech, Canadian Bank Note and any event promoter and any presenting partner of the 50/50 Raffles, and each of their respective partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with the owners, employees, officers, directors, sponsors and agents of any of the foregoing (collectively, "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, demands, injuries, losses and liabilities whatsoever arising out of the Raffle. CFF will administer the Raffle in good faith and in the best interests of the charitable beneficiaries but shall not have any liability in connection with any decisions made in connection with the Raffle. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof); and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. CFF’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Publicity Release. Each winner, by accepting a prize, grants CFF and the Released Parties full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such winner's name, address (city only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each winner shall execute all documents that CFF may require to be signed in connection with this release.
- Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible. Under current applicable law, amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
- General Conditions. CFF reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time. Entries which are or appear to be tampered with are void. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will also be void. CFF shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all entries. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by CFF. Raffle Tickets are only valid for the drawing held on the date of purchase. Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, lost or mutilated entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, app, or other connections including those through and/or by any website or app, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Raffle-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Raffle or downloading materials from or use of the Website. CFF shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Raffle, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion.
- Governing Law. The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Cannabis Commission. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to a particular person or circumstance, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Official Rules shall be located in Calgary, AB
- The Calgary Flames Foundation will offer Early Bird Prizes for select dates during the 2023/24 season. For select games 1 or more early draws will take place during one raffle event. There will be additional prizes available with the final prize being for 50% of the jackpot. All tickets purchased for the Raffle prior to an Early Bird "Draw Closing Time" will be eligible to win that Early Bird Prize on the day of that Raffle and will automatically be entered into the draw for future Early Bird Prizes for this 50/50 Raffle Event. Any tickets purchased after the Early Bird cut off time are not eligible for the previous Early Bird Draws. Winners of early bird draws are still eligible for subsequent draws on the same date including for the main prize (50% of the total jackpot).The draw for 50% of the jackpot will take place as usual at 11:00pm MST.
There are no cash in lieu options for early bird prizes won.
Early bird draw dates and details are TBD and will be requested to be added to the license at a later date.
In the case of a complaint or for further information on the Calgary Flames Foundation or the Calgary Roughnecks Foundation 50/50 program, please contact our Calgary Flames raffle team at email@example.com and our Calgary Roughnecks team at firstname.lastname@example.org.